2.19.2006


I have an audition. I'm not actually certain what time it's supposed to be. I have to show up at 11am and they'll figure out when they want me to go. Haha, I hope I don't have to wait all day. I've been awake since 7am. I went to bed early. And I just couldn't help it. I woke up. So...I ran through my pieces like 3 times each. And they are solid. My reeds are good. I personally don't think it matters what reed I play. No matter what I'll sound like me. I'm very happy. But I know that I'll feel even better when it's over.

Right now I'm picturing Italy. Bike rides with bottles of wine in the basket and a loaf of bread and fruit. And in my back pack I would have a book, a magazine, an ipod (once I buy one), a baggie of grapes and apple, an Italian dictionary, a pen and a notebook, a camera, and some music. And I won't forget my bathing suit and sunscreen. And I can imagine rehearsals. I can imagine the heated performances on sweet Italian nights, whatever those are like. I can imagine swimming and thinking "This is just like America." I can see myself making my first call to my parents from Italy. And I just know what they'll say.

I can picture this summer. And I just know it's going to be great!

5 comments:

Monkey said...

Nice to meet someone so optimistic!!!

Refreshing!

Anonymous said...

What if... I could ride next to you?

Lezicle said...

ride next to me where? i love having you with me. but i dunno what you are talking about babe.

Anonymous said...

Any excuse to travel, baby girl. You're bringing me to St. Louis and Cincinnati... I'm dying for an excuse to visit Europe.

Lezicle said...

oh girl. i would love to have you next to me. no doubt. i'd rather be with you than anywhere else. shoot girl!