10.18.2006

My Reply

Dear Gwenn,

Purple does suit you. All the colors do. You are multi-faceted. You are the embodiment of Whitman's essence.
I'm not sure how I feel about the other colors. I don't necessarily think of green as wisdom. I think green is fresh. Earth. Spring. Health. Green is a color you can swim in. Green is an ocean. It's a glint in your eye. Green is a time of day, a time of life. Green is infinite. It's always fresh...even when it's mashed and decaying. Every stage of green is intriguing. Red is so many things. It might be the most volatile color...the most soothing, corrupt, passionate, sensuous, sultry, and even perhaps tame.

I chose you. But something else made it stick. You could have rejected me. But you love me every bit as much as I love you. And I think that the best relationships are choices. An "I-Want-You" kind of choice. No matter what there's always going to be pieces of me with you. After 7-8 years, it's impossible not to have some sort of wierd infusion of the two of us. I certainly wouldn't be me if I hadn't met you.

You aren't just a light to Angel. You are a light to me, to your brother, to Jen, to many others. You've probably been a light to more people than you know. You have more worth than you are giving yourself credit for. And your life may not consist of one purpose, but probably many. In your lifetime, You'll see many different things. And looking forward, you can't warn yourself or adjust. When you come to those events that mark your life your actions will ultimately help create the person you will become. So, you saved a life, perhaps. Is it the last one? Is it the only one? NO. Don't be silly. There is plenty more to tackle out there. You want to be a light? Fight for Darfur. Stop genocide. Save the environment. Support research for renewable energies. Hold the government accountable. Vote. Feed the homeless. Listen to someone. Smile at someone. When you find a penny on the ground share it. Pay it forward. I don't know. What ever you do, it's completely your choice.

As for Angel's ingratefulness, I don't know what to say about it. I

To be continued....



Maybe.......

No comments: