3.02.2007

Boo Grey's

So last night my friend Yafit came over to watch Grey's Anatomy with me, but alas we were surprised by the unfortunate rerun. I couldn't take it, so we left and went to Meijer. Yafit wanted some hairdye and I wanted to get some food for the fridge. It gets hungry. What can I say?

Anyway, the deli was closed. Boo. But...they did have some persimmons. So I got as many as I possibly could. I LOVE persimmons. I was introduced to them last year by my teachers best-friend, Laura. She's a clarinetist out in FL. Anyway, I believe she came into Ixi's house carrying a carton of persimmons and I implied, "What's wrong with your tomatos?"

Anyway, persimmons are a fruit. They are a delicacy. They are almost gone.

And meanwhile, it is gorgious outside. I love waking up before my alarm clock because my apartment is flooded with the warm orangey glow of sunlight. My bedroom window faces West. But there's a window in the living room directly opposite that faces East. It's a lot easier to get up early in the mornings if it's not dark as night outside.

P.S. I am going to a Purim costume party this weekend. What should I dress up as?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a terrorist.

okay, don't do that.

One day my congregation did a purim spiel as the characters (esther, mortequie... mortequai... mort... mort.)were old folks in an old folks' home telling their story about what happened. It was hilarious. Why? because my Dad was a crack up. And everyone knew each other so it was really funny to see them acting as old farts. I think the rabbi even participated. It was fantastic.

But you should not dress up as an old fart because it would only make sense to me. So you should be a sexy desert princess flower gypsi. person. yes!

Lezicle said...

haha. i love you. but i'm totally a gangsta or a rasta...or a poser?