1.25.2007

Airport Dud


So back during Thanksgiving, my parents got me a last minute flight to OKC. Originaly my mother had planned on visiting me. But she's not the traveling type. She's a homebody at heart and traveling makes her nervous. And besides, it's tough for a family to be apart on Thanksgiving. So I took a last minute flight out of Cincinnati.

I was rushing to get through security because I am always in a rush. Maybe it's that whole Interlochen mentality of: "To be early is to be ontime, to be on time is to be late." So I've got the whole airport routine down pat. My shoes are off the minute I approach security because I am speed demon....but not everyone is a speed demon. I'm almost through securityand currently waiting for my backpack to come through with my shoes. Some stud was putting on his shoes and I didn't really take much notice him other than his existence. He was having a hard time and taking forever. Not a speed demon, like self. So I slipped my shoes on (Tip: always wear comfy, good walking slip-ons). And then I started to swing my backpack over my shoulder. *Wham* Knocked the stud over. Shoot! Helped him up and apologised. Then I noticed a sax case over his shoulder. So I asked him if he went to CCM (my school). He did. And we introduced ourselves and walked to the train that would wisk us to our bus that would transport us to Terminal C (Delta Terminal of CVG). So we hit it off and spent the next couple of hours digressing and waiting for our planes. It seemed like we really hit it off. But of course, you can't think too much of such meetings. Why have expectations?

So I went home. Had turkey and forgot about said stud. I also forgot that I would see him in Wind Symph. back at CCM. Well, I would expect said stud to not be dud and never say hello. The dud sits right behind me for 2 hours twice a week and I can turn around and say hello!!!! Sup with that? So said stud is now a real dud. Maybe he isn't. But there's no way he couldn't recognise me. I don't think I've met anyone who looks like me. And I'll be honest, I didn't remember him at first. But still. I said hello....(I don't remember dud's name. But I will find it on tonight's concert program. Why? I don't know. Maybe so that I can further make him feel bad by remembering his name...which I didn't remember. And one more problem. He's not the only sax player back there. Which one has which name? On second hand effort seems a waste.)

Anyway, after several hellos with a vegitative response I've given up on being polite or even further aquainting with this fellow. My teacher calls it dead fish. You shake someone's hand and it's limp. Airport Dud is totally Dead Fish.

No comments: