2.01.2007

Chamber Music


So today I have a Chamber Winds concert. And I'm really excited. But I'm also kind of anxious. I play on two of the music selections: Parthia for two solo horns by Krommer and "Sept Dances" by Francaix.

I love both the pieces. Krommer is like solo clarinet flourishes with horn duo. It's stressful and in every rehearsal the tempos varied. Sometimes I felt like I was rushing, other times dragging. In the Francaix it's all gravy except one lick at the end of the third movement. Anyway, regardless of what happens I'm sure I'll perform fine...It's just that it's the last two pieces. I have to sit there and wait for that. It's not going to be easy. Especially because it is an atrium concert and it's so cold outside, all the people walking in and out is going to bring in the cold...

Anyway, once I am up there performing these feelings will go away. Until then I'm just going to feel like I'm holding my breath underwater, waiting to come up and breathe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it goes well! I wish I were there to hear. I'd keep you company in the audience.

Lezicle said...

love you!